First published: 12 Feb. 2003
Revisited: 18 July 2012
You've built an information system in web pages, and you want the user to enter a date. You require the following:
A word from a sponsor:
- The chosen date needs to be a correct date. So no 31st of February and no millenium problems.
- It needs to be easy to use and understand.
- It needs to work in as many browsers as possible (so no ActiveX that only works in Microsoft's browser).
- It needs to return a date understandable by any programming language, regardless of cultural notation (localization). (F.i., does "1-2-3" mean Feb 1, 2003, or Jan 2, 2003, or Feb 3, 2001?)
- Opera 7 (Win, Opera),
- Phoenix (Win, Mozilla),
- Camino (Mac, Mozilla),
- Opera 6 (MacOs 9/X, Opera), and
- MSIE 5.5 (Win, Microsoft).
The language in the widget is Dutch. For an international version, contact me.
Need problem solving?
Talk to me. Let's meet for coffee or over lunch. Mail me at “code at omegajunior dot net”.